FriendlyElec has launched a new NanoPi microcomputer that can be used in Internet of Things (IoT), automation and storage projects. The NanoPi NEO2 Black measures 40 x 40 mm, weighs 16 grams, and is equipped with an Allwinner H5 four-core processor with ARM Mali-450MP GPU, 1GB DDR3 memory, and has a connector for an eMMC storage module and a slot for a microSD card.
This microcomputer also has two 6-pin and 10-pin connectors, a USB 2.0 socket, a microUSB OTG socket, and a Gigabit Ethernet port (RTL8211E-VB-CG chip). NanoPi NEO2 Black, which can use Armbian, Ubuntu 18.04 (FriendlyCore) and OpenWrt (FriendlyWrt) operating systems, is available to order with a price starting at $ 19.99.
NanoPi NEO2 Black specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner H5 quad-core Cortex A53 processor with an ARM Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – MicroSD card slot, eMMC flash module connector
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (via RTL8211E-VB-CG chip)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x USB via headers
- Expansion headers10-pin header with I2C, UART, GPIOs, and power signals (5V in/out + GND)
- 6-pin header with 1x USB, Line Out (stereo), 1x GPIO
- Debugging – 2-pin unpopulated header for serial console / debugging
- Misc – Power and system LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port or VDD pin on headers.
- Dimensions – 40 x 40 mm
- Weight – ~16 grams
Variety of supported IoT accessories from FriendlyElec
FriendlyElec released plenty of compatible accessories for NanoPi NEO2 Black, including additional eMMC modules, OLED hats and ready-to-use alluminum cases to speed up the implementation.
Industrial use of previous OrangePi development boards
Introduced in November 2017, the ModBerry M300 series, based on NanoPi NEO revolutionised the economic segment of Industrial IoT devices and proved, that automation and monitoring can be done effectively with low expenditure on industrial installations.
ModBerry M300 O1 based on OrangePi Zero Plus features Allwinner H5 (Quad-core Cortex-A53) SoC, moderate 512MB RAM, storage memory option with microSD slot, USB and Gigabit Ethernet port. The wireless communication is supported with onboard Wi-Fi module.
Offering much higher performance and wider feature range, the ModBerry M300 O2 features same SoC as M300 series, but thanks to OrangePi Zero Plus2 means, the device is equipped with onboard 8GB eMMC, extra microSD expansion slot as alternative and wired/wireless interfaces, e.g. HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0.