ASUS announced Tinker Edge T in mid-2019, but now officially announces their latest SBC. Edge T expands Tinker Board series, which was already a strong rival of Raspberry Pi and latest Google Coral Dev Board.
The ASUS company has designed Tinker Edge T for AI applications powered with has Google Edge TPU. Google has optimized Edge TPU for machine learning and must be able to run Tinker Edge T up to 4 ter per second operations (TOPS) at just 0.5 W. Therefore, this board is a good candidate for automatic image recognition and other automation projects
ASUS Tinker Edge T specification
Below you will find complete specification of announced ASUS Tinker Edge T single-board computer:
- Edge TPU module:
- SoC – NXP i.MX 8M quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor with Arm Cortex-M4F real-time core, GC7000 Lite 3D GPU
- ML accelerator – Google Edge TPU coprocessor delivering up to 4 TOPS
- System Memory – 1 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC Flash memory
- Wireless Connectivity – Wi-Fi 2×2 MIMO (802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4/5GHz) Bluetooth 4.2
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet port (via RTL8211F-CG)
- Video Output – MIPI DSI connector, and HDMI output up to 4K with CEC support
- Camera I/F – 2x MIPI CSI 2 interfaces for stereoscopic camera applications
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 gen1 ports, 1x USB-C 3.2 gen1 port
- Expansion – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible color-coded header with GPIO, I2C, PWM, UART, SPI, I2S, etc…
- Misc – Programmable LEDs
- Power Supply – 12-19V DC input (up to 45 Watts)
- Dimensions – 85x56mm
Industrial use of various development boards
Introduced in November 2017, the ModBerry M300 series, based on NanoPi NEO revolutionised the economic segment of Industrial IoT devices and proved, that automation and monitoring can be done effectively with low expenditure on industrial installations.
ModBerry M300 O1 based on OrangePi Zero Plus features Allwinner H5 (Quad-core Cortex-A53) SoC, moderate 512MB RAM, storage memory option with microSD slot, USB and Gigabit Ethernet port. The wireless communication is supported with onboard Wi-Fi module.
Offering much higher performance and wider feature range, the ModBerry M300 O2 features same SoC as M300 series, but thanks to OrangePi Zero Plus2 means, the device is equipped with onboard 8GB eMMC, extra microSD expansion slot as alternative and wired/wireless interfaces, e.g. HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0.