The creators of the Pi-oT module returned to Kickstarter and launched a new module based on ESP32. Thanks to this, users familiar with Arduino programming or preferring lighter architecture can enjoy all the advantages of the IoT module for enterprises.
Pi-oT ESP module key features and specification:
- Board – ESP32-DevKitC-D32 based on ESP32-WROOM-D32 module with ESP32 dual-core processor, 32Mbit SPI flash
- Relays – 4x Panasonic SPDT relays controlled via GPIO pins
- Screws terminals for
- Relay outputs
- 6x analog inputs configurable as GPIO if needed
- 2x analog outputs configurable as GPIO if needed
- 2x GPIO
- 5V input, 3.3V, and GND
- Power Supply – 5V input via terminal or Micro USB port?; 5V circuitry protection
- Dimensions – DIN rail enclosure
The ESP Module is a microcontroller based IoT Module which offers the same great features as our Pi-oT Module, but based off on an ESP32 platform. The ESP Module is powered by an ESP32 DEVKITC-32D microcontroller which is included in each reward.Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pi-ot/esp-module
Additionally 10 GPIO pins are routed to the housing terminals to utilize the power of ESP32 in a wide range of applications. The flexibility of the ESP32s system allows easy configuration of 6 of these pins as analogue inputs and 2 as analogue outputs.
Industrial use of LoRa & ESP32-based solutions
One of industrial IoT devices, supporting LoRa wireless technology is ESP32 based eModGATE from TECHBASE. Economical, ESP32-based solution can serve as an end-point in any installation or works well as a gateway, gathering data from scattered sensor mesh across the installation. For more information and also Raspberry Pi based solutions check Industrial IoT Shop with all the configuration options for eModGATE.