Sequent Microsystems has introduced the Raspberry Pi “4-relay” add-on to the Industrial IoT market. Four relays switch lines for loads up to 10 A and 250 V, can be stacked up to 8 times with max. 32 switched relays.
It can be used to control loads of up to 10A and 250V. You can control directly all your lights and appliances. Pluggable connectors accept 18 to 22 AWG wires and simplify the installation, specially if you are planning to use more than one card. The cards are stacked with 18mm male-female standoffs. All the hardware required for the installation is provided. Relays are controlled through I2C IO Expanders, using only 2 pins on the GPIO interface and leaving all the other pins available for the user.Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/279405789/4-relays-for-raspberry-pi-8-level-stackable-10a-250v-each/
Some industrial IoT devices, based on Raspberry Pi platform already offer Relay expansion modules. One of them is ModBerry 500/9500 series, introduced in 2014 – later upgraded with latest Raspberry Pi’s Compute Module 3+. ModBerry standard configurator offers up to 12x Relay expansion, with additional customizable options available for larger orders.
ExCard modules to peak the performance
Every TECHBASE’s industrial computer is supported by ExCard add-on modules for extra RS-232/485 serial ports, Ethernet ports, PCIe slots, analog input and output, digital I/Os, relays, M-Bus interface, opto-isolation, accelerometer, etc. To provide specific communication paths, ModBerry can be rigged with additional Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module, 3G/LTE, NarrowBand-IoT, LoRa, ZigBee, GPS and Wireless M-Bus.
The latest options for ModBerry series are:
- SuperCap expansion, to provide constant power supply as a UPS option
- OLED 0.96” & new OLED 1,3″ screen, allowing the control without the need of connecting into the device
- ESP32 module as a security chip, to add a firewall into control installation and ensure constant operation of the device, even with power drops and random events
- Aluminum case, to grant much higher durability for extra harsh industrial conditions
- Mentioned earlier SATA/M.2 SSD controller for extra data storage